YSG 2 Objectives
YSG 2 will build on what you have achieved in YSG 1. You will:
- apply Biblical foundations for speaking
- practice giving and receiving constructive feedback
- explore how to effectively connect with various audiences
- adapt a speech for a particular audience
- analyze what makes stories worth retelling across ages and cultures
- learn how to give a formal introduction
- practice using a microphone
- analyze, summarize, and organize multiple news sources
- generate original ideas and prepare a script outline in a time crunch
- practice limited preparation retelling of news articles
- research, write, and edit an informative speech
- effectively incorporate visual aids into an informative speech
- cut, analyze, and interpret literature
With your participation in a local ICC chapter, you have access to the Young Speakers Guild Curriculum Guide designed to assist the adult coaching a student. Currently, this product is only available for use by ICC Chapter Members and is located in Navigator.
Young Speakers Guild 2 has been re-written to help both coach and student grow in connection on and off the platform through a storytelling emphasis. Mastery is accomplished through structured learning with real-world implementation and real-time feedback either in a class or chapter setting.
- Instant eBook Download
- Download links expire one week from purchase.
- Consumable: Purchase one per student
Be sure to DOWNLOAD to your computer’s hard drive prior to the expiration of link.
This is intended to be consumable, and one copy must be purchased per student.
This download is designed to be printed front to back (two sided).
PERMISSION: You may need to show a printer that you have permission to copy this document. For that purpose, you’ll find a statement to print in your confirmation email.
Be aware that you may incur a fee for the printing of blank pages if you do not print the download at home. Our formatting allows coaching forms and evaluations to be given to a coach or evaluator without loss of portfolio content (on the other side of the form).